Click here if you're only interested in "Song Of The Week" posts.

20 July, 2006

New York City

Ever since I was a child, I was impressed with the enormous cities, and NYC was one of my favorites. It is the largest city in the United States and one of the world's major global cities.
It's metropolitan area has a population of 18.7 million and is one of the largest urban areas in the world. Popularly is known as the "Big Apple" or the "Capital of the World".
Manhattan with a population of over 1,600.000 residents is the business center of the city, and the most superlatively urban of the boroughs. It is the most densely populated, and the home of most of the city's skyscrapers. The highest of them is Empire State Building (381 m), but until 2001 the highest were World trade center Twin towers with height of 415 meters. We all know what happened to them. New WTC will be completed in 2011, and the main tower will be 541 meters tall. The latest render of the tower is pictured on the left.

The main reason why I've decided to write about Big Apple is that I bought a plane ticket to go there in September. I will go alone, because my cousin cancelled, but I'm sure I'll still have a lot of fun. If someone has any idea what I should go see there, let me know. I'm planning to go to Fire Island for a day, I also want to visit all boroughs for at least a day (Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Staten Island) and New Jersey. Most of the time of course I'm planning to be on Manhattan. I will probably just walk on the streets looking up, admiring the enormous size of skyscrapers:) I hope I'll get a hostel somewhere in Greenwich Village, that I could discover gay culture over there, also want to see some of the museums, want to party a few nights, and just simply be fabulous:) I'll let you know how it will be.
Read and see more about NYC here.
P.S.: So I really went there in september 2006. Here you can read more about my NYC experience, it's in Slovenian language.

3 comments:

me said...

omfg. lepe slike. new york the best:)

pu.ma. said...

New York je na seznamu mojih destinacij. Morda komentar/nasvet po obisku?
Si bil tako zelo razočaran?

Nejc said...

Ne, sam ni se mi dalo v angleščini pisat in sm zato naredu nov blog, ki ga najedeš na http://nyipr.blogspot.com/

Tam piše velik več o moji New York izkušnji:)