Click here if you're only interested in "Song Of The Week" posts.

24 November, 2008

I demand more freedom!!!

I don't usually get too much into politics or activism, but lately I am getting honestly annoyed by the laws, and by all the bullshit that is going on. First, and the hardest thing that I had to deal with is the fact that I am gay. I came out at a very young age, it was a hard era of my life, but am so proud of myself that I did it, and not live a lie, especially because I was growing up in a small village is Slovenia, and there weren't a lot of liberal people. Go me!
The thing that I think was progressively discriminated during the last years, and that I want to talk about in this post, is marijuana. If there is justice to be made, law should either prohibit alcohol, or legalize weed, because alcohol is MUCH stronger, aggressive, and potentially dangerous drug. I don't want to advocate being high all the time, but personally - it's much bigger deal to get drunk then to get wasted. I found this very interesting blog, which got me thinking, and realize once again how my life is controlled by conservative, church going FUCKS, that can't mind their own fucking business, and think that their believe is ultimately and absolutely the right one for all people.

History of marijuana's criminalization is filled with:
  • Racism
  • Fear
  • Protection of corporate profits
  • Ignorant, incompetent, and/or corrupt legislators
  • Personal career advancement and greed

As I learned, an article from the 1934 magazine goes:

Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.

So fucking what? I would like to believe, that we are past all that, and that all people can ask that, but same twisted shit is still happening in stupid, stupid, stupid minds of billions on this planet. Look at that:

Mormons who traveled to Mexico in 1910 came back to Salt Lake City with marijuana. The church was not pleased and ruled against use of the drug. Since the state of Utah automatically enshrined church doctrine into law, the first state marijuana prohibition was established in 1915.

Grrrrr, another religious repression. I would just like to shake and slap all this puppets of corrupt church leaders.

Recently added to the list of the great church successes: Proposition 8 in California. Wow, you gotta love them.

Please go, and read the article.

No comments: