Click here if you're only interested in "Song Of The Week" posts.

28 July, 2009

Song Of The Week \ 21

Do you remember how I was openly and absolutely in love with two newly discovered acts since I moved to London? After Grovesnor and Crystal Castles, this number just became a magical three. Band Discovery is proudly joining the party, and the ticket was granted with their album "LP". Critics say it's very synthy, but I think, it's firstly very bassy. They also say it's a hip-hop project, but I fail to hear it anywhere on the album, maybe they are referring to the vocals, which are distorted with the same effect that on Kanye's last album. I have been listening to it (and almost nothing else) non stop since I got it about two weeks ago. Not just this song, which is sweet as honey, but the whole album is completely amazing, and I love every single track on it, it is exactly what I was missing. Even the cover art is a masterpiece on it's own.
This is the joint product of Vampire Weekend keyboardist Rostam Batmanglij and Ra Ra Riot singer Wes Miles. That's all I want to say about it. Don't want to ruin it with text. It's my new big thing!

Discovery - Can You Discover? Discovery - LP (Bonus Track Version)
New York, USA \ XL \ Wiki
Arthur
Hard to compare to anything, but maybe Hot Chip with nitroelectro?

No comments: